Tag


Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Through Train

Have you ever thought about your significance? About how much you really mean to everyone that you know? It may seem pretty strange but the natural human desire to be loved is always the winner. You will wonder, at a certain point of your life, whether someone who performs "acts of kindness" for example really cares and loves you. You'll usually think to yourself "How much does he/she care for me? Am I really someone to anyone?"

I'm not talking about the love-y dove-y kind of relationship. You have to realise that I am talking about lifelong relationships that will shape and mould the way you are so significantly that you are grateful towards your friends. Do you have friends that will lead you to a stage where you always feared to enter? Do you have friends that will not only care for you, they'll be there physically to support. One who does not bring you down but lifts you up, one who you can truly say that you love. Love as in a love that is not compelled into you by the responsibility of family, but of true appreciation of that person/persons care and concern.

You've probably never noticed this but you always have a person who you can turn to or look up to. Those that you can turn to are usually the complain receivers that listen to every single rant you have. Those that you look up to are those who will bring you from a valley to a mountain top. No matter how you look at your own situation, you always have someone. Always.

You have to take into account the perspective of the third person. You must realise that as a third person, you can try but you can't ALWAYS be there for someone. You can be there at certain periods. But you're still only human, you can't be at two places at once! You must realise that if it seems that no one is there to help you, it's probably the fact that the people you turn to are receiving help themselves! Giving the benefit of doubt can sometimes benefit you.

As a young adult of the tender age of 16, I'm not going to tell you to invest in your lands and stocks. The simplest thing you can bring into the game, as a youth, is your time, dedication and love. You can't expect someone to love you without replying with an attitude of love to that person in return. You really shouldn't expect any appreciation if you don't do it yourself. It applies across the board. For example, you can't tell a person you hurt until you yourself really feel that exact same hurt.

No matter, I want to do a monologue. I really appreciate and love everyone who's shown concern for me, in whatever way that you did. No matter how big or small your act may seem, Phua is truly grateful. I really wish I could return everyone that's helped me. And I know this blog post is a far cry to the deserved honour you guys should receive. Even so, I want to thank everyone who's invested in my life and made me who I am today. I love you guys. Seriously, so much that I'll do the exact same thing to you, if ever we switched places.

Every moment of your life is precious. Don't waste it!
Phua.

No comments: